HUNT COUNTY FAIR LIVESTOCK QUEEN AND PRINCESS CONTEST
HANNAH MURRAY- SUPERINTENDENT
COMMITTEE: Kaci Elmore, Maureen Lankford, Crystal Brown, Julie Dillard
Interviews and crowning will be on the livestock schedule.
- All General Rules apply to this contest
- Girls must be between the ages of 8-13 to be eligible for the princess contest; and between 14-18 years of age to enter the queen contest.
- Judges’ decisions are based 60% on the 4-H and/or FFA projects and community projects, and 40% on personal interview. Casual dress or nice jeans are appropriate for contest. Remember that this is not a beauty contest.
- One queen and one princess candidate may be elected from each 4-H and FFA group to compete in the contest.
- All applicants must be present at crowning.
- Any contestant that meets the rules above may enter each year. However, previous queen and princess winners may not enter again. You may win only one time in each category.
- There is no entry fee.
- Keep in mind that each contestant is representing her club or chapter and also the Hunt County Fair & Livestock Show. Unacceptable conduct will not be tolerated.
- It is REQUIRED that the winners of the queen and princess contest to be present at each show to pass out awards, and the Hunt County Jr Livestock Sale to assist sale officials. Queen and Princess Court members are required to assist the entire time during the Sale.
Contestants will be notified of time and location of interview.