JUNIOR MARKET SWINE SHOW
DAVID BURTON – SUPERINTENDENT
COMMITTEE:Becky Black, Kristi Thompson, Whitney Swinson, Chad Brown, Hannah Black
Entry Fee: $30.00 LATE Fee: $50.00
*PLEASE PLACE MARKET HOG EAR TAG NUMBERS ON ENTRY CARDS*
AWARDS: Grand Champion Market Hog – Buckle
Reserve Champion Market Hog – Buckle
Buckles will be awarded for Junior, Intermediate and Senior Showmanship
(Ages for Showmanship – junior 8-10, Intermediate 11-13, senior 14-19)
Market hogs must weigh between 240 and 290 pounds.
Weight tolerance 5 lbs
MARKET SWINE IN PLACE: 12:00PM
OFFICIAL WEIGH IN: 2:00PM – 4:00PM
SHOW START TIME: 5:30PM
- See general rules for additional information.
- All breeds will show together in the market show. Classes will be set by the swine committee.
- Market hogs must weigh between 240 and 290 pounds.
- The classes for the swine show will be set after the official weigh in. The top 3 animals in each class will make the sale, any remaining sale slots or alternate slots will be filled beginning with the 4th place heavyweight working down to the 4th place lightweight. This process will continue until all slots are filled. Sale cards will be distributed to the exhibitors from the announcers stand after the conclusion of senior showmanship.
- Order of judging will begin with market swine show, followed by showmanship.
- Non-sale hogs will be required to leave by 10:00 PM on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
- Exhibitors with non-sale hogs need to make arrangements to market their own hogs.(This could change if the proper conditions exist at show time.)
- Exhibitors will be required to feed and water their hogs in such a manner that pens are kept as neat as possible and free from mud.Supervisors are encouraged to advise their 4-H and FFA members about this rule and see that it is carried out to the fullest extent possible.
- Each exhibitor must clean up their pen after the show.
NOTE:For your safety, the swine committee would like to request that exhibitors and spectators stay clear of the north end of the swine show arena area during the swine show.It is very difficult to move hogs in and out of the show arena with people standing in the area.