JUNIOR MARKET STEER SHOW
STEVE WELBORN – SUPERINTENDENT
COMMITTEE:Maureen Langford (Asst. Supt), Traci Retting, Payton Holland, Cody Welborn,
ENTRY FEE: $30.00 LATE FEE $50.00
AWARDS: Grand Champion Market Steer – Buckle
Reserve Champion Market Steer – Buckle
Best Gaining Steer – MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP GIVEN BY STEVE DAVIS FAMILY IN MEMORY OF DWAYNE HERRON
Junior Steer Showmanship – Buckle
Intermediate Steer Showmanship – Buckle
Senior Steer Showmanship – Buckle
Hunt County Breeder Special -Plaque–Ribbons 1 – 5 places
CLASSES: (OPEN TO HUNT COUNTY 4-H OR FFA MEMBERS ONLY)
Medium Lightweight Steers
Medium Weight Steers
Medium Heavy Steers
Market steers must weigh at least 1000 pounds.
Weight tolerance 10 lbs
Official Weigh In: 2:00PM-3:00PM
Show Start Time: 5:30PM
- See general rules for additional information.
- All steers must be on the fairgrounds before the end of the official weigh in.
- All breeds and crosses will show together.
- Market steer classes will be set after the official weigh in. It is suggested that a minimum of three (3) animals constitute a class.
- Steers must be slick sheered with no more than 1/4" of hair on any part of the body, except the tail switch, (the tail switch being no more than 12” above the end of the cartilage of the tail).
- Steers must be de-horned and broke to lead in an orderly manner.Unruly steers will not be permitted to show.
- Steer minimum weight is 1000 pounds
8.Only State validation or Hunt County validation tags will be allowed in the ear. All other
identification ear tags MUST be removed before entering the show ring.