JUNIOR MARKET BROILER SHOW
STEPHEN DILLARD – SUPERINTENDENT
COMMITTEE:Roger Claxton, Jerry Ervin, Kevin McCaslin, Sean Tredway
Entry Fee: $20.00 LATE Fee: $40.00
AWARDS: Champion pen of Market Broilers – Buckle
Reserve Champion pen of Broilers – Buckle
Ribbons will be awarded 1 – 5 places
OFFICIAL CHECK IN – 7AM – 8AM
SHOW START TIME: 8AM
- See general rules for additional information.
- Exhibitors of broilers must be present during check-in.All birds will be inspected for bruises upon arrival at the show.Any birds with bruises will be sifted.
- Broilers must be commercial birds purchased from Texas A&M hatchery as a straight run and distributed by the Junior Poultry Committee Friday March 6, 2020. Only exhibitors that order chicks can show the market broilers.
- Broiler exhibitors must be present to hold their own birds.
- A pen consists of three (3) birds.
- Only one pen of broilers per exhibitor may be entered.
- The top 15 pens will be eligible for sale in the junior auction sale.All non-sale pens will be released after judging.SALE BIRDS MUST BE PICKED UP BY 10:00 pm SATURDAY, April 26, 2020.AFTER THAT TIME THE BIRDS WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE HUNT COUNTY FAIR LIVESTOCK SHOW (HCFLS). Non sale birds must be picked up at the conclusion of the Broiler Show on Tuesday, April 22, 2019 or they will become property of the HCFLS.All entries in this department will be subject to the general rules of the HCFLS, except where they conflict with the special rules of this department, in which case the special rules will prevail.
- Exhibitors must provide two coffee cans (with one small hole near top edge) and two ties, to be placed in each pen for feed and water.Ties are used to secure the cans to the cages so no spillage occurs.NOTE: Broiler show entries must have a PT03 form 30 days before the show.The broiler
superintendent will do this for the entire group.