Ag Mechanics Project Build
Micah Fry – Superintendent
COMMITTEE: Sean Treadway, David Burton, Alex Xanthus, Chris Fannin
ENTRY FEE: $300.00
PURPOSE: The purpose of this contest is to have a team of Ag Mechanics members build from scratch a project onsite that has been chosen by the committee. The project will come as a kit, and all the parts/pieces will be on hand for the teams to use.
Grand and Reserve Champions will be recognized at the auction
Prizes and/or Ribbons will be awarded 1-5 places
SCORES: As the judge see fit.
- See general rules for additional information.
- Teams can ONLY use SMAW (Arc) welders.
- Teams (4 individuals) may only use the equipment they bring to build project (welders, cutting torches, grinders, safety equipment, etc.). Nothing will be furnished including electricity. A team may bring as many welders, grinders, torches, etc. as can be loaded on one truck and trailer.
- Each team will build the same project
- You will have 4 hours to complete the project. Once the final horn blows you will walk away and the judging will begin. The judge(s) will judge your project and ask questions about your work.
- The judge’s decision is final
- Projects must be built on-site by team members only
- Projects must be built according to the blueprints given to teams
- Advisors/coaches will be given 15 minutes before the build starts to talk and coordinate team. Advisors/coaches or team members will be allowed to call three(3)five(5) minute timeouts.The overall time, 4 hours, will not stop during the timeout(s). All work for all 4 team members must stop during the timeout.
- Once time starts, only team members (students) will be allowed to build project.
- Teams will not be able to talk to anyone else except whoever is on their team.
- A level working surface is not guaranteed. Plan accordingly.
- Safety will be judged throughout the contest.
- You will furnish your own rods, grinding rocks, and cords.
- Your metal will be precut and on a pallet for you to use.
- Each team must bring a fire extinguisher for their work area.
- ALL MEMEBERS MUST WEAR SAFETY GLASSES AT ALL TIMES DURING THE CONTEST.
Each team will take possession of their project at the days end and can be used as the chapter sees fit.
***Location of the contest will be at Greenville High School.***